Click here for a PDF version of the webcast presentation slides.
During the Dividend Builder Fund 4th Quarter webcast, Portfolio Managers Dr. Ian Mortimer and Mr. Matthew Page discussed:
- Another strong quarter in 2017– MSCI World up 5.62% (total return in USD) – following positive returns in Q1, Q2, and Q3
- Regional quarterly performance broadly followed YTD trends with strong markets in Asia ex-Japan and Emerging Markets. However, Japan had strongest returns.
- IT, Materials, and Consumer Discretionary sectors leading the pack again, with Energy continuing its recovery alongside oil price rises.
- Telcoms, Health Care, and Utilities noticeable underperformers
- During the quarter, the top 5 performing stocks were: Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Hengan International Group Co Ltd, VF Corp, Microsoft Corp, Cisco Systems
- During the fourth quarter, the bottom 5 performing stocks were: Merck & Co Inc, BAE Systems PLC, NEX Group PLC, Unilever PLC, Schneider Electric SE
- Changes made in the quarter: bought Reckitt Benckiser and sold Coca-cola
Holdings are subject to change.
For Investment Professional Use Only
Two Guinness Atkinson Funds have converted to ETFs: the Asia Pacific Dividend Builder Fund and the Dividend Builder Fund. Click here for more information on the conversions.