Click here for a PDF version of the webcast presentation slides.
During the Global Innovators Fund Webcast, Portfolio Managers Dr. Ian Mortimer and Mr. Matthew Page discussed:
- The fourth quarter was another strong quarter – MSCI World Index was up 5.62% (total return in USD) following positive returns in Q1, Q2, and Q3
- IT, Materials, and Consumer Discretionary sectors lead the pack again, with Energy continuing its recovery alongside oil price rises.
- Telcoms, Health Care, and Utilities noticeable underperformers
- Changes made to the portfolio: we sold our position in Schlumberger and bought Anta Sports
- During the quarter, top 5 performers were WisdomTree Investments, Intel Corp, Nike Inc, FANUC Corp, and Boeing
- The bottom 5 performers were VeriFone Systems Inc, Check Point Software Technologies, Schlumberger, Schneider Electric SE, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
- IT sector has outperformed MSCI World index since December 2010, with significant divergence in performance amongst tech industries.
Source: Guinness Atkinson Asset Management, Bloomberg (12.31.2017)
Holdings are subject to change.
For Investment Professional Use Only
Two Guinness Atkinson Funds have converted to ETFs: the Asia Pacific Dividend Builder Fund and the Dividend Builder Fund. Click here for more information on the conversions.