At the end of September, the oil market received the news that OPEC plans to cut its production. This marked a reversal of the strategy taken by OPEC in November 2014, and represents the first cut since 2008.
In our global energy webcast, we discussed:
• OPEC production cuts: what has been said, why the cuts are coming, and what it means for the oil price
• How the oil market remains oversupplied, but is in better balance than at start of the year… ….moving to deficit in 2017
• Why we consider the oil price to be on a journey back to $70/bbl
• The US natural gas market: which has moved into undersupply
• How energy equities have outperformed so far in 2016: rebound still leaves the sector a long way from historical normalised valuation levels
Opinions expressed are subject to change at any time, are not guaranteed and should not be considered investment advice.